- Type of Project: Design/build new construction, pre-engineered metal building.
- Duration of Project: 9 months
- Square footage: 11,253 sf + 1,272 sf finished mezzanine
- Partners: Carter and Cline, Construction Consultants and City of Dayton
- Noteworthy Comment: Demo of an abandoned “eye-sore” warehouse. Beautification of highly visible corner lot across from the Dragons Baseball Stadium. Recipient of Varco Pruden’s Hall of Fame Award in Office Category. Featured on the cover of “Metal Construction News”.
Beau Townsend Ford, Vandalia
- Type of Project: Completion of an addition of Lincoln showroom and renovation of existing offices and Ford showroom
- Duration of Project: 9 months
- Square footage: 11,530 sf addition + 37,600 sf selective renovations
- Partners: City of Vandalia and Alan Scherr, Architect
- Noteworthy Comment: Vancon completed this project that was started by another contractor. Negotiated new price and contract. Minimized downtime during the transition. Contract was rooted in mutual trust and urgency.
Dayton Metro Library, Vandalia Branch
- Type of Project: New construction
- Duration of Project: 12 months construction
- Square footage: 19,500 sf
- Partners: Mark Ruetschle, Architect and Shook Construction, CM
- Noteworthy Comment: Tight coordination involving relocation of library, remodel of old library facility, relocation of school board from adjacent building, and demolition of school board building.
Elizabeth Diamond Company, Centerville
- Type of Project: Design/Build wood stud/EIFS addition to existing retail establishment
- Duration of Project: 12 months design and construction
- Square footage: 2,135 sf main floor addition + 1,009 sf basement
- Partners: Lighting, sound and security advisors
- Noteworthy Comment: Project was completed in 2 phases to minimize disruption and maintain security. Installation of walk-in 9’x9’x9’ vault (33,500 lbs) on main floor.
Peerless Technology, Fairborn
- Type of Project: Design/Build new construction, wood frame, 2 story
- Duration of Project: 16 months including design, code review and permitting
- Square footage: : 17,245 sf finished office space
Pentagon Park Retail Shell, Beavercreek
- Type of Project: Design and construction of speculative retail building
- Duration of Project: About 9 months design and 9 months construction
- Square footage: 4,764 sf
- Partners: Alan Scherr, Architect
- Noteworthy Comment: Vancon also constructed the build-out of two tenant spaces for Winans Chocolate and Smoothie King.
"Collaborating on work projects can be challenging, even more difficult when the various parties are in different organizations. When you find a resource that not only understands how to collaborate but also provides exceptional work and support, you look for opportunities to work together.
We have had the good fortune to partner with Vancon General Contractors on multiple projects and each time we have experienced professionalism, creative thinking outside the box, sharp focus on the tiniest of details, and an enthusiasm and dedication to ensure the client is completely satisfied, every time.
Vancon – one of those valuable partners that practices 'the only way to do business is the right way!'"