Peerless Technologies Corp., Fairborn, Ohio
Two-Phase Design/Build Process
Our approach is a collaborative effort involving the client, architect, contractor, and prime subcontractors to maximize efficiency, reduce uncertainty, control cost and make sure our client is happy every step of the way.
Vancon gathers critical information about the client's program, site conditions and local construction codes. Client requirements for the building project are identified and conceptual drawings and budgets are prepared to help guide the client's decision-making process for the project.
Site Analysis Pre-Design
- Evaluate physical conditions of the construction location
- Identify the availability of utilities
- Establish priorities for the project and determine specific cost estimates
- Conduct a review of applicable building codes
- Prepare preliminary architectural plans for the project
- Create initial elevations from various perspectives of the building
Preliminary Specifications and Cost Estimate
- Develop preliminary specifications for the structure based on nationally accepted industry standards for building projects (CSI Masterformat)
- Gather trade bids and prepare a detailed cost estimate
Construction Overview and Schedule
- Obtain client’s approval of the schematic designs, project specifications, construction cost estimate, and development and construction schedules
- Visualize the project through graphic renderings or virtual walk-through of the building
- Provide a construction schedule including the preparation of final construction documents, receipt of permits, ground breaking through final occupancy.
Vancon prepares a design/build construction agreement based on the acceptance of the elements of Phase I. The Project Manager collaborates with the architect and trade partners for the required construction permits for mechanical, electrical, plumbing and site designs. Vancon then manages the overall construction of the project.
Final Construction Drawings
- Approve final architectural design drawings required for construction permits (i.e. structural, mechanical, electrical and plumbing)
- Obtain building permit
Final Project Specifications
- Review and accept final contract specifications and contract price
- Select finishes including flooring, paint colors, laminates, etc.
Ongoing Construction Process
- Conduct meetings as frequently as necessary with client, Vancon site superintendent, architect and key subcontractors
- Review job-cost reports, monitor safety program, schedule construction inspections, maintain schedules and prepare monthly payment applications
Building Project Completion and Close-out
- “Walk-Through” the completed structure with client representatives
- Present Client’s Manual with detailed explanation of one-year warranty and Customer Service contact information
“Vancon met all cost, scheduling and performance criteria and in general, did a great job! We highly recommend your firm to everyone with construction needs.”
– Michael Bridges, President and Owner, Peerless Technologies